BIC’s vision was framed by a group of like-minded civic leaders, educators, professionals, government officials, artists, academics and thinkers, who felt that Bengaluru deserved an institution that encouraged the intellect, facilitated an open dialogue and stimulated the senses.
BIC is a socially conscious, responsible and enlightened organisation that is:
- A platform that reflects the ethos and culture of Bangalore as a dynamic, futuristic, aspirational and growing metropolis
- A premier, “go-to” place for informed conversations, arts and culture
- A distinctive, independent institution that embraces the highest standards of governance and citizenship.
BIC aims to achieve its vision by:
- Bringing together a diverse and engaged community of thinkers, artists, academicians and professionals
- Promoting social harmony by providing an inclusive platform for dialogue and fostering relevant theme based programs
- Curating enriching cultural experiences, intellectual interactions and be a knowledge repository
- Exposing decision makers and citizens to diverse ideas
- Catalysing an exchange of views through a network with allied Institutions
- Reaching out to well wishers, donors who support the purpose of the Institution
- Developing an independent brand identity and act in a manner that embodies its core values and enhances its presence as a credible, reputed Institution
- Using current digital communication for greater outreach
- Developing a more diverse audience profile by planning events that are topical and interesting to younger demographics.
The BIC platform fosters intellectual activity, dialogue, cultural enterprise and innovation. Over 900 quality programs including talks, discussions, performances, film screenings and explorations on varied subjects have been held since inception.
Our programs are free and can be attended by all–members and non-members, reflecting BIC’s inclusive approach.
The Bangalore International Centre (BIC) a neutral, non-profit, member and donor supported public institution was founded in November, 2005 to enhance dialogue and foster ideas across cultures, religions, regions, societies and economies.
BIC was inaugurated by Former President of India, the Late Abdul Kalam. The Energy Resources Institute (TERI) has hosted BIC since its inception till end 2018.
In 2019, BIC completed the construction of its new building. This 48,000 sq feet, GRIHA compliant premises has been made possible with the generous support from donors, members, institutions and firms.